Sunday, February 08, 2009

Liberty and Justice for All


So this is what "back stage" looks like. Not pictured is a recent addition to the family, a gigantic foam-headed Lady Liberty that I never see unless its on the street. I think they keep it under lock and key.
Its kind of a funny little office and I could almost see myself working on the inside at a different time in my life, but I'm glad I don't. Unless there are people there getting their taxes done, its as quiet as a tomb. Very rarely do the employees actually speak to each other and if they do its about work. They're all very polite though in a way that feels like its only their job to behave that way. I'm a little guilty about the pleasure I took in telling all of them that I was leaving for a month to vacation in Hawaii. But only a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home