Saturday, December 29, 2007

Hitching to Beach Towns

I´ve been negligent in my posting, but I´ve been spending a lot of time in Amazon ports, gas stations and, finally, beautiful white sandy beaches, none of which have decent internet access or, if they do, its way too expensive. I´ll get some pictures up in the next city I stop in.
We´re at a place called Jericuacuara right now, which some describe as the most beautiful beach in Brazil. Its certainly the windiest, drawing wind and kite surfers from all over the world. Makes juggling a little tough though. After a full week hitch-hiking from Belém here, we decided to stay and relax for a while. Dealing with truckers and sleeping on concrete can wear a person out. It was a good experience though. Everyone was very nice, and if they couldn´t give us a ride, they bought us some food. I don´t think we paid to eat once. But it took us 9 rides, 1 taxi and 5 buses to get here, and believe me when I say, that no beach has looked more beautiful, so they might be right.
We´ve been selling well and worshipping the sun and the surf and everything is lovely. And apparently this whole coast is littered with towns just like this one, so... I think I´m a beach bum for a little while.
Okay... more details later. Merry Christmas. I love you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home